Who We Are
Darren B. Towells, CIM PEng PE
- over 30 years full involvement in the structural engineering field
- varied experience including
- project management within a design/build contracting firm
- structural engineering within large multidisciplinary firm
- structural engineering within medium sized specialist firms
- Designs in structural steel, precast/reinforced concrete, masonry and timber
- Building Code Reviews and Certification to Part 3 National Building Code
- Forensic Investigations
- Specification Writing
- Contract Administration
- May 1993 Certificate in Management and Administration (with Honours).
- Department of Continuing Education, University of Manitoba.
- May 1987 B.Sc. in Agricultural Engineering – Structural Major – University of Manitoba.
- Canadian – Manitoba since 1989, Sask, Alberta, Ontario
- US Licensee – Minnesota, Wisconsin, Virginia, Washington, Iowa, Michigan, Arizona
- NCEES Structural 1 and 2 Examinations (USA)
- Canadian Welding Bureau Certification – Procedures Engineer
- Manitoba Bldg Officials Association – NBC Part 3 Bldg Code Qualified
- Codes Canada – Standing Committee on Structural Design